INDIANAPOLIS (March 6, 2019) – Indiana’s annual tourism conference was held March 4-6 in Plainfield, Indiana.
The Indiana Tourism Awards, presented by Indiana Connection (a division of Indiana Electric Cooperatives), were awarded on Tuesday, March 5. The awards honor tourism businesses who are creative, innovative and maximize the dollars invested. The winners were:
- Best Visitors Guide – Kosciusko County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Best Cooperative Partnership (Marketing Budgets under $300,000) – Northern Indiana Tourism Development Commission
- Best Cooperative Partnership (Marketing Budgets over $300,000) – Elkhart County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign (Marketing Budgets under $300,000) – French Lick Resort
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign (Marketing Budgets over $300,000) – Evansville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Best Tourism Website – Visit Wabash County
- Best Event/Festival – Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari
- Best Leisure Marketing Campaign – Hamilton County Tourism, Inc.
In addition to the above awards, the Indiana Tourism Association gave out individual awards based on merit:
Indiana Tourism Association Member of the Year – The Member of the Year award is designed for members of the association who stepped forward and provided exemplary service and leadership to the industry and the association. This year’s award went to Rob DeCleene, Visit South Bend Mishawaka.
Distinguished Service Award – The Distinguished Service Award is for individuals who have seen the importance of developing, promoting and protecting Indiana's tourism industry. They have used their position and influence to ensure the success of Indiana tourism assets. This year’s award went to Dan O’Connell, Visit Fort Wayne
Almost 250 tourism leaders from around the state came to the Indiana Tourism Conference for networking and educational sessions over the three-days.
The Indiana Tourism Association’s mission is advocating the value of tourism in Indiana and supporting the best practices of its members. Established in 1980, the association partners with the Indiana Office of Tourism Development, Association of Indiana Restaurant and Lodging and other statewide associations to support tourism investment and promotion as an economic contributor to the state.
For more information, visit www.IndianaTourismAssociation.com.
# # #
Media Contact: Carrie Lambert, [email protected]com, 317-902-4557